CollectionSpace for Digital Commonwealth
CollectionSpace is the leading web-based, open-source collections information management system used to manage the day-to-day activities of museum collections professionals and others who work with art, artifacts, objects, and specimens.
- Standards-based collections management workflows
- Support for diverse collections from art to specimens
- Web-based platform with unlimited user accounts
- Robust tools to store and describe digital assets
- Public discovery tools for museums and consortia
- Native API for data sharing and integrations
The CollectionSpace Community represents a wide range of museum domains and communities of practice. To make it easier for collecting organizations from different domains to benefit from CollectionSpace's core platform, while still maintaining information that is unique to their domains, we have developed a set of profiles. These profiles include extensions to the core CollectionSpace platform that support domain-specific practices - things like determination history for an herbarium or emulation data for a new media collection.
To visit the sandbox for a profile, click the links below.
CollectionSpace has an organizational home at LYRASIS, an internationally recognized nonprofit with a mission to catalyze and enable equitable access to the world’s cultural and scientific knowledge. Annual Hosting Services from LYRASIS provides the expertise, infrastructure, tools and resources so you can take full advantage of CollectionSpace without adding to your technical team or setting up and maintaining hardware and software. Included with your setup and annual hosting fees:
- Data cleanup and migration services
- 24x7 server monitoring, backup, and recovery
- Free upgrades for all new releases
- Technical support and ongoing training
- No-cost CSV import and public browser applications
Fill out the form on the right to request a CollectionSpace sandbox today!