- This event has passed.
Class: Preservation of Photographic Materials
January 26 @ 2:00 pm - 3:30 pm
Photographic materials present significant preservation concerns in cultural heritage collections. They are often heavily used and are fragile and susceptible to damage due to improper handling and storage conditions. Visual examples of photographic processes and deteriorated photographs will be identified and discussed. Taught in two two-hour sessions over the course of two days, topics covered will include:
- Early photographic through contemporary print processes
- Issues with prints, color, film, glass, and albums
- Environment and storage guidelines
- Handling, housing, and security guidelines
- Identify common photographic processes.
- Discuss proper care and handling of a variety of photographic materials.
- List appropriate storage materials and quality vendors of those materials.
- Employ sound preservation planning for photographic collections.
To register for this class, visit the LYRASIS website.